MCALLEN, Texas – The City of McAllen and McAllen ISD are hosting a student art contest to highlight the importance of community for the upcoming 2020 Census. Participate for a chance to win an Amazon Kindle and a pizza party for the winner’s classroom. Show us what “everyone counts” means to you. This is an opportunity for you to tell the story of your neighborhood and your community.
All McAllen ISD students in grades K-12 are invited to participate by sending one submission. The artwork must be flat (two-dimensional) and 8.5″ x 11″. It must be received by Monday, March 9, 2020. One winner in each division will be publicly announced at a community event that will be held at the McAllen Public Library on Wednesday, April 1, 2020. Participants and their families are invited to join us for this community event which will exhibit the top 10 submissions from each division, including the prize winners.
- The submission must include a note containing the participant’s name, age, school of attendance, grade, address, email, and phone number. Email submissions must be less than 5MB. Submit by Monday, March 9.
- All Artwork Must Be Original: We want to see your creativity at work! The participant must be the creator of the work they submit. If the image infringes another’s copyright, it will be disqualified. Upon submission, participant is solely responsible for any infringement on copyrighted materials.
- Non-Exclusive Permissions: By entering this contest, participant is granting the City of McAllen and McAllen ISD a non-exclusive perpetual license to reproduce images of the artwork on promotional materials, and in the marketing of our 2020 Census community outreach and engagement work.
- We reserve the right to reproduce images of entered artwork at our discretion.
- We reserve the right to reject entries that are not suitable for all audiences. All judgments are final and interpretations of the guidelines are at the sole discretion of the City of McAllen and McAllen ISD.
Postal: McAllen ISD Fine Arts Dept. Attn. Lisa Saenz-Saldivar 2112 N Main St. Rm G20 McAllen, TX 78501.
All qualifying art will be displayed at a community event at the McAllen Public Library on Wednesday, April 1.