LA FERIA, TX – – The American Red Cross is opening Multi-Agency Resource Centers to help residents affected by recent June floods.
Starting today a ‘one-stop shop’ made up of local organizations is set to offer services to those directly impacted by heavy rains.
They’re offering resources such as food, water, cleaning supplies, among many other services free of charge for residents.
“We require proof of pre-disaster address,” says Disaster Specialist Axl David with the American Red Cross. “Different agencies have different requirements, but generally speaking any kind of proof that you lived in a house affected prior to the disaster taking place is generally what we need.”
The Centers are servicing Cameron Willacy and Hidalgo counties.
- July 10 – South Main FEMA Community Safe Room, 1700 South Main Street La Feria, TX
- July 11 – Life Tabernacle, 228 East Third Street, Sebastian, TX
- July 12 – IDEA Elsa, 420 Fannin Street, Elsa, TX (Behind Wal Mart)
In addition Red Cross shelters remain open at:
- La Feria Community Safe Room, 1001 Pancho Maples, La Feria, TX 78559
- Willacy County Community Safe Room, 10804 Business 77 Raymondville, TX 78580
- Mercedes SafeDome/Recreation Center, 1202 North Vermont, Mercedes, TX 78570