The McAllen Police arrested a suspect involved with an automobile/pedestrian accident and an aggravated robbery that occurred in the early morning hours of December 2.
29-year-old Jose Miguel Pereyra Alfaro was arrested and charged with the crimes on the 200 block of south 15th Street and the 700 block of east Highway 83. The automobile accident happened at about 2:38 a.m. and left an adult male and female with serious injuries. They were sent to a local hospital. The aggravated robbery occurred at about 3:13 a.m. Alfaro allegedly approached two adult males, displayed a handgun, demanded money, and fled the scene.
Alfaro was later stopped by Alamo Police. McAllen Police were called in to take custody of Alfaro. He was arraigned on December 3. The charges are as follows:
- Intoxication Assault a Third Degree Felony,
- Accident Involving Injury (2 counts) a Third Degree Felony,
- Possession of Controlled Substance (cocaine) a State Jail Felony,
- Aggravated Robbery (2 counts) a Second Degree Felony
- Bond: $20,000.00 dollars, $20,000.00 dollars, $20,000.00 dollars, $15,000.00
- dollars, $70,000.00 dollars, and $70,000.00 dollars respectively.