NBC SPORTS KICKS OFF 100TH NFL SEASON WITH PACKERS-BEARS RIVALRY FOLLOWED BY STEELERS-PATRIOTS, HIGHLIGHTING 2019 NBC “SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL” SCHEDULE
Every SNF Game Features At Least One 2018 Playoff Team, With Nine Matchups Between Playoff Teams, Including: Storied Eagles-Cowboys NFC East Rivalry for NBC SNF Record 13th Time (Oct. 20); Cowboys-Saints on Sept. 29; Patriots-Ravens (Nov. 3); Bears-Rams (Nov. 17); Seahawks-Rams (Dec. 8); and Chiefs-Bears (Dec. 22)
SNF Returns to Cleveland for First Time Since 2008, As Baker, Beckham Jr. & Landry Host Aaron Donald and NFC Champion Rams (Sept. 22)
STAMFORD, Conn. – April 17, 2019 – NBC Sunday Night Football, America’s No. 1 primetime television show for an unprecedented eight consecutive years, gets “Back to Football,” broadcasting 19 NFL games during the 2019 regular season.
NBC, the first network to broadcast an NFL game (Philadelphia Eagles at Brooklyn Dodgers, Oct. 22, 1939 from Ebbets Field), will televise the first game of the NFL’s milestone 100th season on Thursday, Sept. 5, from Soldier Field in Chicago, as Khalil Mack and the defending NFC North-champion Bears host Aaron Rodgers and the Green Bay Packers in NFL Kickoff 2019 at 8:20 p.m. ET. Packers-Bears is the most-played rivalry in NFL history, with the Kickoff game the 199th meeting between the clubs (first game was Nov. 27, 1921).
Then, in the season opener of Sunday Night Football on Sunday, Sept. 8, New England will raise its sixth Super Bowl banner at Gillette Stadium in Foxboro, Mass., before Tom Brady and the Patriots host Ben Roethlisberger and the Pittsburgh Steelers.
The Roethlisberger-Brady meeting in Week 1 is the first of an NBC SNF schedule packed with star-studded quarterback matchups, headlined by 2018 NFL MVP Patrick Mahomes facing two-time MVP Aaron Rodgers for the first time, as the Kansas City Chiefs host the Green Bay Packers on Oct. 27.
In addition to kicking off the 2019 NFL season, NBC will also broadcast a Divisional Playoff game on the weekend of January 11-12, and a Wild Card Playoff game on the January 4-5 weekend.
Highlights of the 2019 NBC Sunday Night Football schedule:
• All 18 scheduled NBC SNF games feature at least one 2018 playoff team (Week 17 game TBD) – up from 14 such matchups last year. In addition, nine contests feature both clubs from the 2018 postseason, highlighted by a rematch of last year’s AFC Divisional Playoff, as Andrew Luck and the Colts again visit Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs (Oct. 6).
• All 2018 NFL playoff teams are on the NBC SNF schedule, including three games each for the Super Bowl champion New England Patriots, NFC champion Los Angeles Rams, AFC West champion Kansas City Chiefs, NFC East champion Dallas Cowboys, NFC North champion Chicago Bears, and NFC Wild Card Philadelphia Eagles.
• Matchup milestones: Eagles-Cowboys on Oct. 20 is the 13th meeting between the clubs on SNF – ranking as the most-played matchup in NBC SNF history (since 2006). In addition, it marks the 11th consecutive season for the matchup on SNF – the longest streak for any matchup on the broadcast primetime package in NFL history (ABC 1970-2005; NBC 2006-present).
• Other notable games: Roethlisberger and the Steelers battle 2004 Draft classmate Philip Rivers and the Chargers in Los Angeles on Oct. 13; Drew Brees and the New Orleans Saints visit Matt Ryan and the Atlanta Falcons on Thanksgiving night, after the clubs met in New Orleans last year on the holiday; and NFL Defensive Player of the Year Aaron Donald and the Rams host the Bears on Nov. 17 as they look to avenge last year’s Week 14 SNF loss in Chicago.
• The SNF slate features multiple appearances by star QBs Russell Wilson of the Seahawks, Jared Goff of the Rams, Dak Prescott of the Cowboys, and Carson Wentz of the Eagles.
• First SNF Game in Cleveland in 11 Years: On Sept. 22, NBC will broadcast its first Browns game in Cleveland since 2008, as Baker Mayfield, Odell Beckham, Jr. and Jarvis Landry face the NFC champion Los Angeles Rams. The game also marks the Browns’ 2019 primetime debut at home.
• Celebrating the NFL’s 100th Season – In addition to the Packers-Bears NFL Kickoff matchup on NBC, and the only two teams to win six Super Bowls (Steelers and Patriots) featured in the SNF opener, the Oct. 27 Rodgers-Mahomes QB showdown highlights Packers vs. Chiefs – the two teams who faced off in Super Bowl I on January 15, 1967.
|2019 NBC SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL SCHEDULE|
|Thurs. Sept. 5||NFL Kickoff||Green Bay Packers  at Chicago Bears |
|Sun. Sept. 8||Week 1||Pittsburgh Steelers  at New England Patriots |
|Sun. Sept. 15||Week 2||Philadelphia Eagles  at Atlanta Falcons |
|Sun. Sept. 22||Week 3||LA Rams  at Cleveland Browns |
|Sun. Sept. 29||Week 4||Dallas Cowboys [0 at New Orleans Saints |
|Sun. Oct. 6||Week 5||Indianapolis Colts  at Kansas City Chiefs |
|Sun. Oct. 13||Week 6||Pittsburgh Steelers  at Los Angeles Chargers |
|Sun. Oct. 20||Week 7||Philadelphia Eagles  at Dallas Cowboys |
|Sun. Oct. 27||Week 8||Green Bay Packers  at Kansas City Chiefs |
|Sun. Nov. 3||Week 9||New England Patriots  at Baltimore Ravens |
|Sun. Nov. 10||Week 10||Minnesota Vikings  at Dallas Cowboys |
|Sun. Nov. 17||Week 11||Chicago Bears  at LA Rams |
|Sun. Nov. 24||Week 12||Seattle Seahawks  at Philadelphia Eagles |
|Thur. Nov. 28||Week 13||New Orleans Saints  at Atlanta Falcons |
|Sun. Dec. 1||Week 13||New England Patriots  at Houston Texans |
|Sun. Dec. 8||Week 14||Seattle Seahawks  at LA Rams |
|Sun. Dec. 15||Week 15||Minnesota Vikings  at Los Angeles Chargers |
|Sun. Dec. 22||Week 16||Kansas City Chiefs  at Chicago Bears |
|Sun. Dec. 29||Week 17||TBD|