POSTED: Thursday, May 28, 2009 - 3:49pm
UPDATED: Thursday, February 25, 2010 - 11:32am
Harlingen Fire Insepctors continue to investigate the cause of a blaze, which started while a woman did her laundry at home alone.
64-year old, Analee Hailey says she got quite a scare when she heard a pop sound. It was coming from her dryer. Moments later, the dryer went up in flames.
Before firefighters showed up to her home on the 700 block of Monroe, she says, it was good neighbors who came to her rescue.
"The neighbors they called fire and police, once they saw the smoke," she says.
Analee says, she tried to fight the fire on her own, she filled up a laundry detergent cup with water and she started throwing it on the flames, but it didn't help much.
She says, she's very thankful to be alive with no injuries.