POSTED: Friday, December 18, 2009 - 8:37am
UPDATED: Thursday, February 25, 2010 - 11:34am
A propane explosion happened at the Glady's Porter Zoo on Thursday morning.
There were no injuries reported, but one worker was sent to the hospital to be checked for frostbite. A 60 pound tank exploded when a worker was filling it to keep some animals warm in the cold weather. The explosion caused no flames, but the force of the explosion sent the tank flying. It is believed that rust is to blame for the tank explosion and Facilities Director Jerry Stone is getting each tank inspected for safety reasons.