POSTED: Monday, November 4, 2013 - 4:37pm
UPDATED: Tuesday, November 5, 2013 - 8:46am
EDINBURG, TX (KVEO NEWSCENTER 23) — An upper Valley Whataburger remains closed following a fire that broke out in the roof area.
It happened at the 2100 block of Business 281 in Edinburg just after 10 p.m. last night.
Edinburg Fire Chief Shawn Snider says the blaze was caused by an electrical distribution panel that sparked. The fire was not in the main dining part of the restaurant and no one was hurt.
There is no exact cost of damages at this time but officials tell Newscenter 23 that there is a significant dollar amount that will be tacked on to repairing the damages from the fire.
No word yet on when this Whataburger location will reopen.