POSTED: Thursday, October 10, 2013 - 9:30pm
UPDATED: Thursday, October 10, 2013 - 9:39pm
Second Louisiana parish confirms that a brain-eating amoeba has been found in their water supply. Nikki Henderson reports.
(KTAL) A deadly brain-eating amoeba has been found Louisiana's DeSoto Parish water system.
It's the same parasite that killed a boy in southern Louisiana earlier this year and nearly killed an Arkansas girl.
The water is safe to drink, but can be deadly if it enters a body through the nose.
The Parish has increased the amount of chlorine in the system in an effort to kill the amoeba.
Read more: http://bit.ly/15qviDZ