POSTED: Friday, November 20, 2009 - 10:03am
UPDATED: Thursday, February 25, 2010 - 12:34pm
A fire at a Harlingen Sonic restaurant causes fire damage that it will have to close down for a couple of days.
Firefighters were called out to Sonic restaurant around 7am on Thursday morning after a passerby saw smoke coming out of the building. A handful of employees inside made it out safely and firefighters cleared the smoke out in a matter of minutes. Investigators determined the fire started from a deep fryer and spread to the roof causing structural damage.