POSTED: Thursday, August 1, 2013 - 4:32pm
UPDATED: Thursday, August 1, 2013 - 4:35pm
McAllen, TEXAS (KVEO NEWSCENTER 23) — The McAllen Police Department will be hosting a National Night Out 2013 where the public can interact with law enforcement agencies.
The "30th National Night Out" has been scheduled for Tuesday, August 6th, 2013. We cordially invite you to be a part of our National Night Out 2013 event.
The McAllen Police Department will be having dual events at:
- Sam Houston Pavillion at 3221 West Olga Avenue; and
- Las Palmas Community Center at 1821 North 25th Street.
The events will be held concurrently from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m.
National Night Out is designed to:
- Raise Crime and Drug Prevention Awareness;
- Generate Support for, and participation in, local anti-crime efforts;
- Strengthen neighborhood spirit and Police-Community relationships; and
Send a message to criminals making them aware that our neighborhood areas are organized an fighting crime.