Tips for keeping 4th of July fireworks a fun and SAFE event.
Fireworks are part of the fun on 4th of July, but they can also cause injuries, including burns, contusions, lacerations, and foreign objects in the eye. In some cases they can even be deadly. So be cautious when using these products.
- Never let little children play with fireworks.
- Always have an adult present when using fireworks in your backyard.
- The centers for disease control and prevention says avoid buying fireworks packaged in brown paper, which often means they were made for professional displays and could be dangerous for the average person
- Always watch fireworks displays from a safe distance.
- And have a cell phone ready in case you need to call 911.
All good tips for a safe and Happy 4th.