Family sues Monster Energy Drink after 19-year-old son dies
A second lawsuit was filed this week against Monster beverage corp.
The mother of 19-year-old Alex Morris claims her son's habitual consumption of the energy drinks is what caused his death.
"Monster energy drink" promises to "pack a powerful punch".
Now, one mother is blaming the makers of the drink for her teenage son's death.
19-year-old Alex Morris suffered a cardiac arrest and died last July.
In a lawsuit filed in california - alex morris' mother claims her son died as a result of drinking two cans of monster energy drink the day he died... And every day for the three years prior to his death.
The issue is the medical science is more and more directed at the fact that these drinks are dangerous. That they can kill people and that they shouldn't be marketed to people under 18 years old. It shouldn't take a rocket scientist to know we shouldn't pump stimulants into our children.
The mother of 14 year old Anais Fournier, of maryland also sued Monster beverage corporation last year.
She's represented by the same lawyer who filed the suit for Alex Morris.
Anais died after consuming two 24-ounce cans of the energy drink. The medical examiner also found that anais had an existing heart condition. They haven't gone to trial yet.
Anais' mother spoke last year on Anderson Cooper's Talk Show...
My message to moms are to help me get these out and get this FDA regulated.
The FDA is now investigating seven deaths to determine whether Monster was a factor.
We reached out to the company regarding this new lawsuit and they issued this statement:
"There is nothing in this lawsuit that links the death of 19-year-old alex morris to the consumption of Monster energy drinks. There is no coroner's report cited that suggests his cardiac arrest was caused by drinking a Monster energy drink.
Also in their statement they claim a review of 14-year-old Anais Fournier's medical records revealed that there was absolutely no causal connection between ms. Anais Fournier's death and her consumption of Monster energy drinks.