VALLEY VIEW, TX (KVEO NEWS CENTER 23) — OSHA has cited a Valley business for safety and health hazards on it's work site.
The Department of Labor's Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) cited PumpCo Energy Services, a oil and gas industry pressure pumping services company, on 14 safety and health workplace violations at its maintenance facility in Valley View.
OSHA's Fort Worth office opened an inspection on December, 19, 2012 after a complaint was made about unsafe working conditions and found the following violations:
- failing to take effective measures to prevent employee entry into permit confined spaces
- forklift training and daily inspections on overhead cranes
- train overhead crane operators
- label overhead crane controls
- ensure hook and sling inspections were conducted
- maintain a comprehensive listing of chemicals being used by workers
- provide hazard communication training for working with hazardous and toxic chemicals
- failing to provide medical evaluations
- conduct fit testing for workers required to wear respirators
PumpCo Energy Services has 15 business days from the date of its citation to comply and is facing penalties of $72,900.