CAMERON COUNTY, TX (KVEO NEWS CENTER 23) — The Cameron County Tax Office began sending out delinquent tax notices for 2012 that are owed to the county.
A total of over 34,000 notices were mailed out for real estate accounts which have not been paid.
They are urging residents, who cannot pay their taxes in full, to make payment plans with the office before July 1, 2013.
After the first of July all delinquent accounts will be turned over to a law firm for collection with an additional attorney fees to be assessed to the balance.
For more information on delinquent tax notices visit nine of the locations countywide:
- Cameron County Courthouse, 964 East Harrison, Brownsville, 956.544.0800
- Brownsville Southmost Branch Office, 2900 Southmost Road, Brownsville, 956.574.8176
- Brownsville West Side Branch Office, 1763 Military Highway, Brownsville, 956.542.5854
- Harlingen Branch Office, 3302 Wilson Rd, 956.427.8013
- San Benito Branch Office, 1390 W. Expressway 83, 956.361.8232
- Los Fresnos Branch Office, 105 Ocean Bvld., 956.233.4494
- Port Isabel Branch Office, 505 Highway 100, 956.943.8101
- La Feria Branch Office, 200 Industrial Way, 956.797.3075
- Rio Hondo Branch Office, 125 W. Colorado, 956.748.2345