POSTED: Wednesday, April 10, 2013 - 5:05pm
UPDATED: Wednesday, April 10, 2013 - 8:43pm
BEAUMONT, TX (KVEO NEWS CENTER 23) — Eleven individuals have been indicted for being involved in a major cocaine distribution ring, money laundering and trafficking drugs in East Texas.
An indictment was returned by a federal grand jury on April 4, 2012 charging three individuals with conspiracy with intent to distribute cocaine.
A second two count indictment on February 6, 2013 was returned and charging eight people with cocaine and money laundering and arrest warrants were executed on Wednesday, April 10, on eleven defendants.
Those named in the indictments are listed below:
- Jerry Trevino, 46, of Spring, Texas;
- Alvin Nelson, 60, of Houston;
- Thomas Drew Widak, 44, of Houston;
- Cesar I. Alvarez-Barrera, 43, of Tomball, Texas;
- Eduardo Silva, 39, of Roma, Texas;
- Juan Javier Correa, 53, of McAllen, Texas;
- Douglas Francis Waindel, 29, of Atlanta, GA;
- Jaime Luis Vivero-Flores, 46, of Houston;
- Jesus Amaya-Saenz, 29, of Hockley, Texas;
- Alfredo Soto-Valdez, 39, of Austin; and
- Sandra Calderon Martinez, 31, of Houston.
This case is the result of an ongoing Organized Crime Drug Enforcement Task Force (OCDETF) joint investigation.