15-year-old finds parents suffering from CO2 poisoning.
A mother and father were found passed out in their car inside the garage of their Orlando, Florida home Thursday morning by their teenage daughter.
Rescue officials say the two were poisoned by carbon monoxide.
The couple left their six children home late Wednesday when they went out to buy baby formula.
Officials say they stayed in their car after returning home because their home lacks air conditioning.
Just after 1 a.m., the couple’s 15-year-old daughter woke up and wondered where they were.
Investigators say the teen then found them unconscious in the garage and ran to a neighbor’s house for help.
The neighbor helped get the man and woman out of the car.
A rescue crew then rushed them to Florida Hospital Orlando.
The couple’s children were treated outside the home and then taken to a hospital as a precaution, according to Orange County Fire and Rescue officials.