3-year-old recovering after rattlesnake bite at her Florida daycare.
It was a rough week for 3-year-old Sarah Lawson.
She spent most of it in the hospital, recovering from a poisonous snake bite.
Sarah was bitten by a pigmy rattler on the playground of her Manatee County, Florida daycare on Monday.
At All Children's Hospital in St. Petersburg blood tests confirmed the snake injected toxins.
Antivenin stopped the spread immediately and Sarah went home Thursday.
The pigmy rattlesnake is one of the most common venomous snakes in Florida.
It is found throughout the state and has a reputation for being aggressive.
Its bite can result in the loss of a finger or toe, and in some cases can be fatal.