Tiny kitten was found covered in industrial glue.
A kitten found covered in industrial-strength glue and unable to move is recovering after strangers teamed up to save him.
A woman found the kitten in a downtown Salem, Oregon parking garage on July 18, stuck in what turned out to be floor adhesive.
The Salem Fire Department responded to her call for help and managed to get the kitten free by cutting out part of the floor.
The struggling animal was still covered in the glue, which had apparently been freshly applied to the parking lot floor.
"He got into the corner and the more he felt he was stuck the more he would dig into that epoxy and the deeper he got. So then it was hopeless," said rescuer Penny Mack.
Someone also called a local Ace Hardware, asking if they knew of any type of solvent that would get the glue off the kitten without hurting him.
"He was covered pretty much his entire bottom side and his legs were stuck from the adhesives to his chest. He couldn't walk or move," said Joshua Braden, who works at the animal hospital.
The 10-week-old kitten was taken to the Willamette Valley Animal Hospital in Keizer for treatment.
Veterinarian Laura Magruder spent ten hours carefully pulling hair away from the tiny animal’s skin to remove the glue.
No one ever found a solvent that seemed safe to use.
The kitten is expected to recover and he already has a new home lined up, too.
The woman who answered the phone at Ace Hardware decided to adopt the kitten and named him - Ace.