A 10-year old boy runs into a burning home to save his sister.
A 10-year-old boy ran back into a burning home to save his younger sister.
The fire broke out Sunday night in Newburg on Garda Avenue.
Three children and their mother went to the hospital, but all are now out and recovering.
"I didn't know where to go because the fire was standing right by me, so I couldn't go nowhere," said 6-year-old Trinity Burks.
Trinity said she will never forget the loud boom she heard Sunday night.
Mom, Stacey Holloway, said Trinity was in another room using a liquid protector spray on her shoes close to a lamp.
"I thought nothing would happen if I cleaned my shoes off, and then when I saw it sprayed into the lamp, the fire popped out of nowhere," said Trinity.
All in a panic, the family rushed to get out of their Newburg home.
"The fire came right to us, and I didn't know what to do, and it burnt my leg, so that's when I ran out and I saw Trinity needed help, so I ran back in," said 10-year-old Antione Burks.
Antione said he was not going to let flames get in the way.
"I thought, what if something bad happens to her, it might have been my fault because I am her big brother, and I have to protect her," said Antione.
Everyone was able to make it out, but all had to be taken to the hospital.
Antione and Trinity suffered first and second degree burns to their legs and arms.
The fire burned Trinity's face. She said it's her nose that hurts the most.
Mom and her two-year-old daughter, Hannah, were treated for smoke inhalation.
Their home was destroyed.
The family lost nearly everything, and for Trinity, that's starting to sink in.
"I'm really going to miss my SpongeBob toys and my cousin's phone," said Trinity.
But in the end, she's just glad her brother was there.
"When the fire started, I was happy that Antione got me and saved me and hurried up and ran back in to get me out of the fire," said Trinity.
The Okolona fire marshal confirms a liquid spray came in contact with a lamp and caused the fire.
The family is getting help from the American Red Cross.