Natural gas explosion destroys Texas home, but everyone inside survives.
An explosion and fire destroyed a Haltom City, Texas home Tuesday night, and it was a "Christmas miracle" that the family inside made it out alive.
Investigators believe a natural gas leak may be to blame for the blaze.
A 4-year-old boy, his father and grandparents were home at the time of the explosion and walked away from the incident.
The boy's grandmother went to the hospital with a minor hand injury.
"The whole house was shaking," said grandfather Jaime Diaz. "I ran for my life and said, 'Hey, I don't care about the house. There are more important things in life.'"
The family dog was lost in the explosion.
Atmos Energy is on the scene shutting down the gas to the neighborhood, as they investigate.
Neighbors say they smelled natural gas earlier in the day.
Family members say they feel lucky they survived the blast.
"I'm speechless,” said Maggie Diaz, the boy's aunt. “I don't know how it happened. I'm looking at the house and it's like, ‘Whoa, what if they wouldn't have made it out?’ It would have been a different story. We're just blessed. Christmas miracle, I guess."