Puppy sniffs out deadly gas leak.
A dog can be a family's best friend, but for one family in Canton, Georgia their boxer was also their knight in shining armor.
A couple of nights ago the Hyde family thought they would light a fire in their gas fireplace.
When Ollie, their 6-month-old boxer, came in he acted like something was wrong and tried to lead the family outside.
There was a gas leak from their fireplace.
Thanks to Ollie, Jason Hyde was able to cut off the gas line in time.
"He just cared about us enough to get us out, he wasn't content just being out himself, he was not giving up until we all came outside. We loved him before and obviously we still do, but we thank god for such a smart dog," says Sheree Hyde.