POSTED: Thursday, September 22, 2011 - 4:53pm
UPDATED: Tuesday, September 27, 2011 - 9:09am
A family is trying to cope after they lost everything in fire including their prized possessions their pets.
" I got home around 7 o'clock to see my home in flames."
Rosie Silva is a teachers aid at Rio Hondo High School still very emotional following Wednsday night's fire. She lived in home the with three other family members.
"It was my husband, son, my daughter, and myself here, it's my sons place."
Tragedy really stuck when they were unable to get out their beloved pups.
"We lost our little puppies they were pit bulls our show dogs the ones we had inside because of air condition cause it was so hot and they are gone."
The family just moved in the home in April and did not have any home insurance. They are asking the public for donations.
" It's just very hard and I know there is good people out there i have always helped and done things and when it comes to you its hard.
The fire departments says when they were investigating they found electrical malfunctions in the living room.
For now Silva and her husband are staying in a hotel while her son and daughter are staying with other family.
if you like to help out the Silva family you make a donation
at Wells Fargo. The account is under Rosalinda Silva.