A 4 year-old child has been hospitalized and in critical condition after drinking, what is believed to be insecticide, from a plastic bottle.
It is reported the child thought it was a flavored drink and the child was taken to the hospital in McAllen by the mother. The mother told police she had purchased the insecticide at a flea market in Donna. She claims the red colored liquid was contained and packaged in a plastic Aquafina water bottle when she bought it. Police are investigating reports that the insecticide is being sold Valley wide at local flea markets.