PHARR- Firefighters in Pharr believe embers left over from a barb-que are to blame for an apartment fire. It happened Friday afternoon.
The Pharr Fire Department responded to a fire in the VIP Estates apartment complex on Erica and Bahama. Firefighters say when they came on scene the fire had made it's way from the porch area., to the roof and into the attic.
After making sure no people were inside the apartment or any of the connecting apartments, firefighters were able to put the flames out within 15 minutes. Fire investigators say right now they believe the fire to be accidental. They think the wind ignited embers left over from a bar-b-que. Edinburg Fire Department and Pharr police were also on scene and no one was hurt