Tot Served Booze

News
Monday, April 11, 2011 - 8:21am

15-month-old accidentally served alcohol at Applebee's.

A tipsy toddler got a little something extra in his apple juice at a Michigan restaurant Friday.

Dominic Dill-Reese went to an Applebee's outside detroit with his parents.

They ordered the 15-month old an apple juice, and he drank what he was given.

But it wasn't juice in his cup, and his parents noticed something was different about Dominic.

"We took it from him and he kind of laid his head on the table and dozed off a little bit and woke up and got real happy and was saying 'bye' to people, 'hi' to people. His food came and he wouldn't eat it," says mother Taylor Dill-Reese.

Someone had mislabeled the Margarita mix as apple juice, according to police.

Once his parents realized what had happened they called police and took Dominic to the hospital.

His mother says doctors told her he could have died if he'd had the whole cup.

He should be fine, but doctors told his parents to keep an eye on him.

Applebee's executives released a statement, saying:

"Obviously any situation like this is unacceptable and we take it very seriously. We are working with local authorities and conducting our own investigation so we can assess exactly what happened."
 

Comments News Comments

Post new Comment