Sharing the roads with drunk drivers

Thursday, November 21, 2013 - 11:53am

What are you supposed to do when you're behind maybe an erratic or even a drunk driver on the highway?
More than anything you want to try to, in a situation like that, especially if it's a high speed area, you want to try to maintain you're vehicle right where it's at. If he is impaired, if he is acting erratic, what you want to do is hold your position because if you try to move, he might try to make the same move, so that's going to put you both at risk.
If there's an erratic or impaired driver in front of them they can maintain their distance. If it's necessary they can also pull to the right and if they get the license plate, full description of the vehicle and color of the vehicle and direction of travel they can call it in to local authorities or to DPS at 565-7600 and local authorities will go out there and try to stop this vehicle. But yes, maintain a safe distance is one of their best options.

Comments News Comments

Post new Comment