RITA to host vigil on immigration reform
HARLINGEN, TX (KVEO NEWS CENTER 23) — RITA, Reform Immigration Texas Alliance, will be hosting a vigil on immigration reform in front of Senator Cornyn's office this week.
The organization has scheduled the vigil, set for Tuesday, March 26th, at 222 East Van Buren street in Harlingen starting at 10 a.m.
The vigil will be to pray and reflect on the communities affected by a broken immigration system. Rogelio T. Nunez, Director of Casa De Proyecto Libertad, said, "time is now for the passage of humane immigration reform”.
Both organizations, RITA and Casa De Proyecto Libertad, are working closely in support of comprehensive immigration policy that must include:
- A pathway to citizenship for the 11 million undocumented immigrants in the U.S.
- A process that keeps families together.
- Respect for Human Rights and Civil Liberties.
- Promote Community Security.
- Establish a Responsible and Accountable Border Policy.
- Support Immigrant Integration.
- Develop a Process for Periodic Review of the Immigration System.
- Address the Root Causes of immigration.