4th grader faces charges after smoking pot in a school bathroom. Dave Bondy reports.
(WPXI) Parents and students at Roosevelt Elementary are all talking about what happened in a school bathroom on Thursday.
A fourth grade girl had to be rushed to the hospital after smoking marijuana.
"She walked in the bathroom when it was happening so she was like i ran out of the bathroom mom it was smoky in there," said Thea Penn, whose daughter caught the girl in the act.
Penn's daughter and several other kids went to school staff and told them what was happening.
A spokesperson for the district said no other student inhaled or used the drug.
"It's hard because you can't necessarily say it's the parents it could be the kids, they could have older siblings. It's not necessarily the parents they could have had and older sibling that's doing it," said Sarah Penn, a parent.
The fourth grader told school staff that she got the marijuana cigarette and lighter from home.
Read More: http://bit.ly/1kxETzO