Hoarder's Home Goes Up In Flames

News
Thursday, February 14, 2013 - 10:10am

Fire department says grill sparked blaze.

A fire broke out at a southeast Houston home on Wednesday, and city officials said they have a long history of problems with the homeowner.

Investigators said the homeowner, George Sterling, was cooking breakfast on a grill in the back yard. He left the grill unattended and a fire started.

Firefighters said the home is filled with several feet of possessions, including a lot of metal, and they were had trouble moving around the home because the metal is extremely hot.

"The person who lives here had been collecting artifacts for 25 to 30 years," said Jay Evans of the Houston Fire Department. "We were not even able to get into the back yard. When you have collected things for 25 to 30 years and become in the hoarder class, there's no room ... pathways to move around."

Read more: http://bit.ly/XORod0

Comments News Comments

Post new Comment