AT&T technician saves choking baby while working in customer's home.
AT&T technician Andrel Reid has been on the job for six months. Last Wednesday, he was sent to a customer's house in Lansing, Michigan to fix her U-verse service.
That day's job didn't go as planned. In the middle of it all, the customer's baby was in serious trouble.
"She was coughing, it just started blocking up her system and she just started choking on the congestion. Around her eyes it was getting all red and she started turning different colors," said Christine Duffy.
Duffy was getting ready to dial 911 and sent her four-year-old daughter to get Reid's help.
"I put the baby in a position that I was taught in training, put the baby in my palm, flipped her over and gave her a light thrust to her back and that's when everything came up and the baby actually started laughing and smiling at me," Reid said.
Turns out, Reid is CPR-certified as part of his job training.
"We're in people's homes all day. Sometimes it's just us and the customer...Stuff happens and we're the only ones there," Reid said.
For Duffy, she says it's a mixed feeling of fear for what could have happened and relief that someone was there to help.