Heavenly High

News
Thursday, July 7, 2011 - 2:51pm

Police investigate funeral home burglary and embalming fluid overdoses.

It may not be a street drug that you hear about often, but emergency room doctors at Spohn Memorial in Corpus Christi, Texas say over the past couple months they have seen a sharp increase of patients overdosing on embalming fluid.

Police say three teenagers were hospitalized earlier this week after they may have inhaled the stuff.

Police say the boys were found at in various stages of distress, talking incoherently, and even putting up a fight with paramedics as they tried to administer aid.

Officers say they also found marijuana in the home.

In a separate investigation police are also investigating two burglaries at Maxwell P. Dunne Funeral Home, where formaldehyde was the only thing stolen.

"I have been in this industry 32 years and I have never had a problem in the funeral industry. In fact most people treat our establishment and funeral homes in general as a place of reverance," says Ron Alonzo, the owner of the funeral home.

Alonzo fears the burglary was an inside job, considering the thieves got a hold of the embalming fluid very quickly without being caught.

A window was smashed and set off an alarm leaving the thieves only two minutes before police arrived.

The owner says they bypassed all the electronics in the business and went straight for the formaldehyde before leaving.
 

Comments News Comments

Post new Comment