Harlingen CISD launches mobile app for use by parents and students
POSTED: Monday, December 2, 2013 - 4:02pm
UPDATED: Tuesday, December 3, 2013 - 9:18am
HARLINGEN, TX — With a few taps of a finger, students and parents at the Harlingen Consolidated Independent School District will be able to gain to numerous educational tools on their smartphones or tablets.
HCISD has launched its own mobile application to give both parents and students the opportunity to stay connected with the district at any time. The application, which can be downloaded for free on iPhones, Android Smartphones and tablets, allows users to login to the district’s parent portal, look up campus information and check the latest in district news and events.
“Our mobile application is designed to enhance the partnership between our community and district,” said Superintendent Dr. Art J. Cavazos. “With its launch comes the opportunity for our parents to stay connected with our district and remain involved in their child’s academic progress. It’s this continued partnership and collaboration that will propel our students to present and future success.”
Other app features include:
- District and school news
- Push notifications for the District/School to send out instant alerts to the user’s mobile device
- Calendar information for school and district events
- Voice messaging tools that provides users the opportunity to voice their support for the district, ask questions, provide suggestions and voice concerns
- Photo tools that allow the user to upload an image they have taken at a district event
- Contact information for campuses and administrators
- Links to the district’s Facebook page and website
- Access to recent photo galleries
The mobile application aligns with the district’s goal to increase parent and student involvement and to make information more accessible.
The application is available for download on the Apple store and Google Play Store. It can be found in the stores by searching for “HCISD” or “Harlingen CISD.”
For more information, please contact Shane Strubhart, HCISD’s Director of Communications, at (956) 430-9530.