Fire safety tips for the Holiday season.
POSTED: Friday, December 11, 2009 - 9:05am
UPDATED: Thursday, February 25, 2010 - 12:34pm
The cooler weather is once again here in the Valley and with the Christmas season there is an increase for house fires happening in this time of the year.
Here are some tips from Fire Chief Lenny Perez on keeping your family and your home safe.
1. Keep your live Christmas tree watered.
2. Make sure to turn off all candles before leaving your home.
3. Make sure your chimney is open prior to starting a fire.
4. Make sure your chimney gets serviced and cleaned.
5. Keep space heaters away from walls, clothing and paper.