Fire in Brownsville

News

POSTED: Friday, December 10, 2010 - 7:28pm

UPDATED: Saturday, December 11, 2010 - 8:32am

This structure which is an apartment and business off south Oklahoma catching on fire Friday afternoon. The fire department tells us a woman was inside her garage and tried to move her car when she got burned. She was sent to the hospital.

Maria de Carmen Mata lives feet from where the fire sparked.

"Everything started exploding it was bad."

Everyone helping in this fire neighbors grabbing hoses and the fire chief grabbing a hose to protect homes in the area while fire fighters put on the flames on the structure. The chief says isn't easy with the closest fire hydrants three miles away and the strong winds.

The fire chief says the woman who was burned is doing ok.
 

Comments News Comments

Post new Comment