Fire department responds to fire at clinic.

POSTED: Thursday, September 3, 2009 - 8:43am

UPDATED: Thursday, February 25, 2010 - 12:33pm

A clinic in Brownsville had to evacuate because of smoke in the building.

It happened at the Santa Maria Clinic at around 4:45pm on Wednesday afternoon. About 35 employees and patients at the clinic evacuated after smoke leaked into the building. Several fire units and the police department responded to 95 East Price road and said construction workers working outside on the building were using a grinder which sparked flames and spread smoke inside the clinic.

Patients and employees returned to the building within 30 minutes and there was no report of injuries from the fire.

Comments News Comments

Post new Comment