Employees Fall Ill to Fumes at Panasonic Plant

News
Tuesday, December 4, 2012 - 9:43am

Several employees were rushed to the hospital after inhaling fumes from a burning forklift tire inside the Panasonic plant. Cameron County Emergency Coordinator Humberto Barrera reported that a call was received around 3 PM of employees complaining of feeling ill from the fumes of a bearing, which had overheated, and spreading the fumes into the air. There were 25 employees who complained of feeling ill and several were taken to a hospital to be treated. The building was evacuated for two hours as the Fire Marshal investigated the incident.

Comments News Comments

Post new Comment