Eleven individuals indicted in Civil Service exam cheating scandal
POSTED: Tuesday, July 1, 2014 - 12:21pm
UPDATED: Tuesday, July 1, 2014 - 12:22pm
BROWNSVILLE, TX — A Cameron County grand jury has indicted eleven individuals involved in a cheating scandal taking place in September 2013.
The jury members changed those involved in the scandal with misuse of official information which is a 3rd degree felony.
Those indicted are believed to have received, shared and/or utilized the questions and answers on a Civil Service exam to qualify for employment at the Cameron County Sheriff's Department.
- Octavio Camacho Jr., Brownsville
- Steven Gabriel Sosa, Brownsville
- Ricardo Alvarado, San Benito
- Armando Aguilar, Brownsville
- Nina Ochoa, Brownsville
- Erick Dominguez, Brownsville
- Damian Ortiz, Brownsville
- Mauricio Guardiola, Brownsville
- Adan Martinez, La Feria
- Ashley Nicole Hamilton, La Feria
- Alfonso Mendoza II, Brownsville