Brownsville PUB asking consumers to conserve electricity
BROWNSVILLE — Consumer cooperation is crucial now to help ensure the Texas power grid is able to continue serving current power needs here. On Sunday, the Electric Reliability Council of Texas (ERCOT), asked electricity providers, including Brownsville Public Utilities Board (BPUB), to limit their electric use.
Consumers can help by take the following immediate steps to reduce demand today:
• Keep your thermostat as low as is comfortable, preferably no higher than 68 degrees.
• Turn off and unplug non-essential lights and appliances.
• Avoid running large appliances, such as washers, dryers and electric ovens.
• Close shades and blinds at night to reduce the amount of heat lost through windows.
• Large consumers of electricity should consider shutting down or reducing non-essential production processes.
• Businesses should minimize the use of electric lighting and electricity-consuming equipment as much as possible.
BPUB is ready for extreme weather conditions but cannot, however, guarantee that it will not have service interruptions for any reason, including those created by third parties. To report a power outage, please call 956-983-6300.