Asphyxiation cause of death of 7 year-old girl
SAN BENITO (NEWS CENTER 23) — Police continue to investigate the death of a 7 year-old girl, who died from asphyxiation from a balloon, at Sullivan elementary on Monday. She was taken to the hospital where she was pronounced dead and and an autopsy report was ordered. Preliminary reports indicate that a balloon, lodged in the airway, caused her to asphyxiate and die. Police are now investigating how and when the girl got the balloon and waiting on a toxicology report.