Abandoned Home Catches on Fire for a Second Time
An abandoned home which caught on fire for the second time in three months was put out by firefighters on Monday evening.
The original fire, back in December, killed the homeowner leaving his dog homeless on the property off of Dockberry. A second fire sparked at the property ravished the home again with flames. A witness, who called 911, says several men were out on the property cleaning it minutes before the second fire started. Investigators believe the fire was ignited accidently and for the dog, the Brownsville Animal Shelter is checking on the dog and is helping to find a new home for the animal.