8 hospitalized from explosion in Florida
POSTED: Wednesday, July 31, 2013 - 8:52am
UPDATED: Wednesday, July 31, 2013 - 8:53am
Tavares, FL — Equipment failure and human error likely caused propane tank cylinders to explode at a central Florida refilling plant late last night.
The blast at the Blue Rhino Plant in Tavares, Florida left eight employees hospitalized and even more hurt, due to the flames in the explosion, that lighted up the sky.
At the company's corporate office in North Carolina, a representative talked to reporters about what the company is doing to aid in the investigation.
Chris, Hartley, VP Marketing at Blue Rhino, stated "We certainly have our hearts and prayers going out to those employees at this time because several of them have been taken to the hospital, so we're thinking about them and praying for them during this difficult time. We also thank the Lake County fire and rescue team for their quick response and look forward to working with them to work closely to resolve what happened last night."
The Blue Rhino facility refills propane tanks used in gas grills.