EAGLES OF ’85 SCHOLARSHIP
Thursday, May 3, 2012 · 9:00 am
The Eagles of '85 Reunion Committee is offering a scholarship for a graduating
junior or senior from Hanna High School or a child of a 1985 Hanna High School
graduate. The value of the scholarship is between $250 - $2,500 dollars and the
application deadline of Friday, May 4, 2012. Just download the application packet
below to: Eagles of '85 C/O Robert Avila, 1781 Briarwyck Drive, Brownsville, Texas
EAGLES OF ’85 SCHOLARSHIP ELIGIBILITY FORM
• Applicant must meet ALL of the following requirements to be eligible: Applicant must be a graduating junior or senior from Hanna High School or a child of a 1985 Hanna High School Graduate. • Applicant must be in the top 20% of his/her graduating class. Most recent official high school transcript must be submitted – no photocopies will be accepted.
• Applicant must attend an accredited college/university for a minimum of six (6) credit hours in the fall of 2012.
• Applicant must have an SAT score of 1400 or better.
• Applicant must provide two (2) letters of recommendation from teachers or administrators.
• Applicant must provide an academic resumé (must include awards and achievements, extracurricular activities, community service, and employment).
• Applicant must write two essays of no more than 250 words each.
• One essay should describe how the student has demonstrated leadership ability both in and out of school.
• One essay should describe how the student would change his/her school in a positive way if he/she had the authority to do so. It should include what specific changes he/she would make.
Value of Scholarship:
• $250 - $2,500
• Friday, May 4, 2012
How to Apply:
• Download Scholarship Application from www.eaglesof85.com.
Mail application packet to : Eagles of ’85, C/O Robert Avila,
1781 Briarwyck Drive, Brownsville, Texas 78520.